Thursday, May 26, 2011

Greetings from the West all!  I would like to start by telling you all that in beautiful Salt Lake City Utah the average temperature in May is 72 degrees with an average precipitation of  2.98 inches.  Sounds perfect to me.  I wouldn't know firsthand however since this particular May has been one of the coldest and wettest (that word looks all wrong to me, but Spellcheck gives it the green light so there you go) in history with average temperatures in the 50's and rain almost daily.  I am still hoping for some sort of summer but not holding my breath as there is still quite a bit of snow in the mountains outside the house!

The falls are finally free of the
massive layer of ice that
covered them all winter!




















Another Andrew D. Mieler original

May started on a wonderful high note, spending the weekend visiting family and friends in Fort Wayne.  It was a great time but so busy and packed with fun that we took only a couple of pictures until a couple hours before the plane took off when we found a little time to slip away and peek at a church Andy designed in Indianapolis.
.
We were so grateful for all our friends who took time from their schedules to see us and make us feel so welcome, for Bob and his hospitality (much better accommodations than many hotels Bob!) and family who traveled from Michigan and Wisconsin to spend time with us.  We love you all. 
Dominic, Erin and Anna's
new guy Copper (love the
Fox & the Hound tribute)





















The next weekend was Mother's Day and though I didn't get to see my mom I did enter her in a contest run by my favorite handbag designer, Harvey's, and was shocked when she won.  Her winning was not the surprise since she is fabulous after all, the shock was that I never win anything.  Let me just say that once more.  I never win anything.  Andy was kind enough to point out that I still didn't win anything, that technically mom did, so I guess my streak is alive.

The winning entry and photo...
"Mom you're our Sunshine!  This was a fabulous night we spent at the theater sporting our Seatbeltbags.  I don't remember the play but I remember the laughs and how much we enjoyed being with you.  This picture is extra special because with the three of us so far away from each other in three different states it is rare that we get a picture of mom with both her girls.  I know that not only on Mother's Day, but all year long your wish is to be able to spend more time with us and we hope to make that wish come true.  Thank you for always supporting our dreams, no matter how crazy they seem (or turn out to be)!  My dream bag for mom would be the Barbie Medium Boat Tote All Dolled Up, which would make mom feel quite dolled up herself!"



And the prize...
Adorable pink woven seatbelts printed with dozens of vintage 1959 Barbie dolls. Accessorized with an adorable, detachable Barbie dangle.
Classic seatbelt material is sewn horizontally giving this bag a lightweight design. 
Made of durable automotive seatbelt 








May has been a super busy month so I am breaking it into two installments.  Stay tuned (as soon as I can get pictures downloaded from Andy's camera) for the next exciting edition featuring St. George, aka Polygamy capitol of Utah, Zion National Park, Las Vegas, Hoover Dam, and wonder of wonders, brief jaunts to Arizona and gay Paris (read Gay Pareee).

No comments:

Post a Comment